I am the first to admit that I do not always write thank you notes even though I should 100% of the time! Handwritten thank you’s are such a personal and intimate way to let the person who gave you something know that you really appreciated the thought that went into it.
Here are 5 very simple steps to help you write the perfect note that will be sincere and thoughtful without being over-the-top:
- Start with your greeting. This typically is “Dear …”, but if that is to formal you can just use the person’s name.
- Write specifically what you are thanking them for, this makes the note sooo much more personal and really relays that this is not just a “form letter.”
- Add a sentence about how you are using the gift, or how you plan to use it.
- Make sure to tell them how thoughtful the gift was and again how much you appreciate it.
- Sign off. “Love”, “Warm wishes”, “Best”… find something that works for you.
Here are my favorite places to buy thank you cards because they are so beautiful.